While we are an aesthetic practice, we are still a medical clinic adhering to all necessary standards of health and safety. During Phase II of the economic reopening, we plan to tentatively schedule patients with Dr. Chen, one-on-one. Only those patients/clients who meet our strict screening criteria will be scheduled, and we will continue to take the utmost precautions while keeping our services safe and available. Please note that depending on the changing overall health status of the county and Dr. Chen’s commitments to other health facilities dealing with the Pandemic, we will update our policies accordingly.
We will also be offering a limited number of scheduled telemedicine appointments for video consults and follow-ups with Dr. Chen. Please visit our “TeleConsultation” button on our website for instructions on how to utilize this service. In addition, we will offer shipments of our beloved skin treatment product DefenAge, directly to your home from the manufacturer so you can enjoy the benefits of skin cell rejuvenation while sheltering-in-place. Please also look for directions for this service under the button labeled “skin.”
Our current scheduling criteria for patients (subject to change):
1. Persons 65 years or older or has any serious chronic medical conditions will be placed on a call-back list for appointments in the future.
2. Any patient experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath, body aches or other “cold” or “flu-like” illness will need to reschedule their appointment to at least 14 days later assuming they got better in the interim.
3. Any patient who has recently travelled to a large metropolitan area or is in close contact with someone who has travelled to such an area or has suspicious symptoms will also need to wait 14 days before appointment (or at least 10 days after onset of symptoms and at least 72 hours after no symptoms without aid of medication.)
4. Any patient can cancel or miss their appointment without penalty if they experience the above mentioned symptoms on the day of their appointment, in which case, they should not come in at all, and may need to contact their primary care provider for further medical advice.
5. All scheduled patients will be contacted within 24 hours prior to their appointment for a status check and be given necessary reminders and precautions for the day of the appointment. Patients will need to come with their own face-covering. (also see “On the day of your visit” section)
6. During the scheduling process, our staff will take pre-payments on the phone to the extent we can estimate for the treatment or procedure so that we can minimize handling and exchange of credit cards, checks or cash on the day of the visit as much as possible. This will also enable us to keep the inventory at a minimum in case of the need for another strict shut-down.
1. Health status screening for each patient and staff within 24 hours of the appointment.
2. No person under age 18 or over 65 , or who is not a patient or staff is allowed inside the clinic.
3. Any companion(s) of the patient must remain outside or wait in the car.
4. Reduce staff to 2 persons total at any time, most often the doctor will be the only person at the clinic alone with the patient.
5. Patients can knock on the door to let us know they have arrived, then they will wait in their car until they are called to come inside the clinic via a phone call or a physical wave by the doctor/staff at the clinic door.
6. The clinic will be disinfected between each patient. All treatment rooms, lobby and bathroom are air filtered continuously by ion-based air-sanitizing filtration that removes particles as small as 0.1 microns (the size of SARS-CoV-2 virus), and treatment rooms will be rotated as much as possible to let each room be unoccupied for the maximum amount of time (usually 1 hour) before being occupied again.
7. All windows will remain open during clinic hours to allow for fresh air circulation, all room vents will be turned on while occupied. All fans will be turned on to encourage continuous fresh air circulation.
8. All staff remain double masked, wearing either eye or face shield and gloved while inside the clinic.
9. Patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry or put on gloves for the duration of their appointment, and will also be asked to come wearing a face-covering.
10. In the rare event that there are more than 1 patient in the clinic, each patient will be masked while awaiting in their own treatment room with their door closed.